Dausa is a city in the Indian state of Rajasthan, located about 55 kilometers from the state capital, Jaipur. The city is known for its rich history, culture, and ancient temples. If you are planning a tour of Dausa, here are some places you might want to visit:
- Abhaneri Stepwell: This ancient stepwell is located in the village of Abhaneri, which is about 20 kilometers from Dausa. The stepwell is known for its unique architecture and intricate carvings.
- Mehandipur Balaji Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman and is located in the town of Mehandipur, about 40 kilometers from Dausa. The temple is famous for its unique rituals and is believed to have the power to cure supernatural afflictions.
- Chand Baori: This is another stepwell located in the village of Abhaneri. It is one of the largest and deepest stepwells in India, with 3,500 narrow steps arranged in perfect symmetry.
- Bhandarej: This is a small town located about 50 kilometers from Dausa. It is known for its beautiful 18th-century palace, which has now been converted into a heritage hotel.
- Jhajhirampura: This is a small village located about 30 kilometers from Dausa. It is known for its ancient temple of Lord Shiva, which is believed to be over 1,500 years old.
- Mahadev Temple: This temple is located in the heart of Dausa city and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is known for its beautiful architecture and intricate carvings.
- Dausa Fort: This ancient fort is located in the center of Dausa city and is believed to have been built in the 10th century. It offers stunning views of the surrounding area and is a great place to explore.
These are just some of the places you can visit during your tour of Dausa. There are many other temples, palaces, and historical sites in and around the city that are worth exploring.